Bergman's Bruisers


A Look Into My Life Of Raising Four Rough
And Tumbly Boys

Friday, August 1, 2014

I Hear Voices



Harrison: "Mom, I'm hearing voices in my head."

Me: "Um, (don't freak out, don't freak out, don't freak out) okay, lets talk about that. What kind of voices are you hearing?"

Harrison: "Well, there's a clicking sound on the video game, Minecraft, that I play and sometimes even when I'm not playing it I'll hear that clicking sound in my head."

Me:  "Okay, and you said you hear voices.  What voices are you hearing?"

Harrison: "Sometimes I hear you calling my name, but when I come to see what you want you haven't called my name at all."

Me: "Any other voices besides me calling your name?"  (Please say no, please say no, please say no)

Harrison: "No, that's all, just the clicking sound and you calling me."

Me: "You know, sometimes, when I'm at work I hear monitors going off all night long. Then, when I come home and fall asleep I still hear beeping sounds in my head.  So, I think, this likely means you're playing too much Minecraft and you need to take more breaks.  Like, really, really limit the time you spend playing games."

Harrison: "Well, I think it means you need to yell my name less.  Because if you didn't yell my name as much then I wouldn't hear your voice in my head.  The clicking sound is fine, it's really just your voice that bothers me."


No comments:

Post a Comment