Bergman's Bruisers


A Look Into My Life Of Raising Four Rough
And Tumbly Boys

Sunday, November 23, 2014

Bruiser Birth

I remember feeling very anxious the night before my c-section.  Being my fourth time 'round I knew the risk of complications were much greater.   Knowing I would be strapped down, unable to feel below my chest, awake while having my body sliced and diced is all an extremely unnerving feeling that kept me awake most of the night.  Steve had loaded some happy-go-lucky songs for me to listen to as a distraction.  Every time I hear Taylor Swifts' 'shake it off' I'm instantly taken back to that moment.  From start to finish was a little over an hour and as I being wheeled out of the operating room I threw a huge prayer of thanks for what was the smoothest c-section ever!  It was like 'mic drop', couldn't be better, going out on a high note!



Our first family photo as a family of six!  All of the kids were so genuinely happy we didn't have to coerce smiles.  Oh my, we've officially entered into the butt-load of kids kinda family!



We spent our first hours doing skin-to-skin and nursing.  I remember the perfection continued and this was my best recovery of all my babies.  No nausea, vomiting, pain, or overwhelming sleepiness.  I felt good and just loved being able to finally hold my baby.  I kept thinking to myself how blessed I was to have had four successful pregnancies and four healthy babies.  It was a peace I can't put into words. 



Almost as exciting as me meeting Quintin was watching my kids meet him.  They were all so genuinely happy and joyous to meet their newest brother.


So many eyes to give him the once-over he had to be placed on the bed so everyone could look at the same time. 


Q was patient as he was passed around the room making his formal introductions.  I loved watching my boys shower him with love and affection.

Grammy and GJo were able to first meet Quintin via facetime in the delivery room. They then had to wait thirty more minutes before meeting him in person.  They would say he was worth the wait.





Such a beautiful face.


When all the visitors and busyness of the day settled down we were left with just Dad, Mom, and baby.  It was quiet and peaceful (nothing like what the rest of his life would be like) and we enjoyed the hours of bonding just with our little guy.  I think we truly felt a sense of completion, finality, and perfection in what was now our family. 

No comments:

Post a Comment